How can I get rid of bad breath?
People can get bad breath from time to time. It’s a good idea to make an appointment to see the Dentaltown dentist to determine the cause and treatment options to improve your breath.
The causes for bad breath are bacteria, gum disease, smoking, dry mouth, food odour, health problems like sinusitis, acid reflux, diabetes etc.
To reduce or prevent bad breath:
1. Brushing twice a day
2. Flossing once a day
3. Gently scraping your tongue from back to front at least once a day can remove some of the bacteria that cause bad breath.
4. Certain mouth rinses can help freshen your breath in the short term. Mouthwash containing alcohol should be avoided, as these may contribute to dry mouth.
5. Avoid foods with strong aromas
6. Sipping water throughout the day helps mouth stay hydrated.
7. chewing gum can also promote saliva production and freshens up the breath too.
8. Avoid tobacco, alcohol and caffeine. These can cause bad breath.
9. Regular 6 monthly check-ups help to keep your teeth and gums healthy and prevent problems from developing.
If you have any dental health concerns and you would like a consult with the Launceston Dentaltown dentist, please call our clinic on (03) 6326 4368.