1. Use a training toothbrush set that have soft rubber bristles to massage the gums and get kids familiar with the sensation of their teeth being brushed.
2. Educating kids on the importance of teeth brushing can make a huge difference. Explain in age-appropriate terms. Also ask the Dentaltown dentist to give them a demonstration at the next check-up.
3. Role play brushing on their favourite teddy bear. When kids see their favourite having their teeth brushed it will encourage them to do the same.
4. Kids love to imitate others, therefore brush together twice a day by making this a family routine.
5. Let kids pick their own age-appropriate toothbrush which may have their favourite character on it, or maybe it makes music when they brush. If they get to choose their own toothbrush, they are far more likely to love using it.
The wiggles brush is a two-minute music video that you can brush along to. The song is catchy, with lyrics that describe brushing round and round. The video is bright and fun and features a diverse range of kids brushing their teeth. You can collect a sticker in the app each time you brush as motivation.
If you have any dental health concerns and you would like a consult with the Launceston Dentaltown dentist, please call our clinic on (03) 6326 4368.