10 Dental New year resolutions
With 2023 right around the corner, one of the ways start the new year is by starting a New Year’s Resolution list. Here are a few ideas to get you started that will make your smile healthier and more attractive.
1. Visiting the dentist twice a year
2. Brushing twice a day for two minutes at a time
3. Flossing atleast once a day
4.Use a tongue scraper – It removes bacteria from the tongue and keeps your mouth clean.
5. Quit Smoking – Smoking Increases the risk of gum disease and tooth loss.
6. Cutting down on acidic food - Acidic foods can be highly damaging to your mouth. Drink water to help rinse the acid from your teeth.
7. Cutting down on food that cause staining - Chocolate, coffee, tea, coke, red wine, dark beer, and berries all cause staining. Use a straw with cold staining beverages.
8. Reduce snacking - Snacking between meals gives bacteria additional food that they can then turn into acid for attacking your teeth.
9. Quit habits that are bad for your teeth – Nail biting, opening bottles with your teeth, chewing ice can cause damage to your teeth.
10. Drink lots of water - When your mouth dries out, it means that there isn’t enough saliva to consistently wash away bacteria from your teeth and that increases the risk of cavities.