8 Quick tips for healthy teeth
1. Avoid sticky food : Foods like raisins,honey can stick to the teeth and cause decay.
2. Avoid Sugary foods and drinks including sports drinks and gels as they have high sugar content which can cause erosion and decay.
3. Reduce intake of acidic food like oranges, lemons as they can dissolve the tooth structure.
4. Some food like tea, coffee,red wine and colouring agents can stain teeth.
5. It's important to have a balanced diet which includes vegetables, fruits, fish, whole grains, dairy etc. to keep your teeth healthy.
6. Drink plenty of water to keep your mouth and body hydrated.
7. Spacing meals by at least 2 hours helps reduce the risk of decay.
8. Chewing sugar free gum can increase saliva and also add calcium and phosphate which helps make the tooth enamel stronger.